Friday, June 26, 2009

May 25, Xiata 夏塔古道

An unexpected snow storm reminded us that it was late, and we turn to driving back to our yurt, to rest and of course, the dinner.
The strength of snow continue to grow, tempted, I asked Neo to stop and jumpped off the car, decided to walk back to our yurt, may be around 2km, so I can take some photographs along the trail. Of course, Nikon D3X was the choice, for obvious reason, its ability to withstand the heavy snow or rain, and the AF-S 24-70/2.8G ED lens, and good capability to retain high image quality at medium ISO - although I started to shoot at ISO 50 for the combination I need to record the motion of snow, down to 1/15s - 1/8s. The Nikon D3X is probably what I will call the ultimate still image capturing champ - more on this later.
Following images took during the snow, our Landcruiser, and my wfe Pook, and some postcard images........

No comments: