Monday, June 29, 2009

May 26 morning, again at Xiata overlooking Kan Tengri

After a freezing night, I woke up by some noise outside the yurt, some early birds already chatting what a beautiful morning it is. Quickly put on dress, prepare my gears, time to go back to the spot we shot yesterday. However, I quickly managed a snap shot using the D3X and now-my-favorite VR 70-200/2.8 for this image at right, hand held.
It is indeed a clear morning, although freezing cold, at around -5 C, I didn't bring my glove this trip, my special edition aluminum Gitzo tripod I took for this trip was intended for desert and wetland use, here it feels like rock of ice in my bare hand.
We drove again on Xiata old track, Khan Tengri proudly standing in front of us, and what a majestic scenery it presented, I took pictures using primary the Nikon D3X, some with Phase One P45+/Contax 645. This morning turned out to be the most beautiful and picture perfect morning in this trip.A 4-shot stitched panoramic picture from the D3X + AF-S VR 70-200/2.8G IF-ED The majestic Mt. Khan Tengri 汗騰格裡峰, with its ice capped peak, it rises to 7,010m, together with Jengish Chokusu 托木尔峰 at 7,349m only situated 16km away, the northernmost 7,000-meter summit. The following 2 shots, both taken with Phase One P45+ on Contax 645, with Carl Zeiss Super-APO TPP 300/2.8, setting at f/8. ISO 50. Of course, the clarity and sharpness in combination with such lens and such digital back is unsurpassed.A shot made in my studio for this set up, in case it interests one.And one more shot also using Phase One P45+ on Contax 645, this time with Carl Zeiss Sonnar 210/4, stitched of 3 captures.

No comments: